- Soak the rice noodles in very warm water for 30ish minutes or until soft. Drain and keep these off to the side.
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce until totally combined. If you like your Pad Thai really saucy increase peanut butter and soy sauce by a tablespoon each. (This mixture will be the consistency of peanut butter but don't worry because it will melt nicely later.) Keep off to the side.
- In a wok or med/large pan (with lid preferably) heat the oil and garlic until hot.
- Add the chicken and cook thoroughly.
- Pull the chicken out of the pan, leaving the hot oil and garlic.
- Add all of your veggies and cook until tender but still a little crunchy. I liked having a lid here because they kind of steamed themselves.
- Add the chicken back in, pour the peanut butter mixture on and let melt.
- If you like, add the softened rice sticks in and mix to coat.
P.S. My formatting is all screwy, resulting in those weird gaps and spaces that I did not enter. Any ideas on how to fix that?